Passing the UK Driving Theory Test is the first of two steps towards ditching the L plates and becoming a fully qualified driver. This 10 hour course matches the current syllabus, and is designed to help reinforce your knowledge so you can successfully prepare for and pass your theory test.
Become familiar with everything from traffic signs and driving in adverse weather to the rules of the road for drivers. Learning the theory is very important in helping you become a safe and competent driver, so whether you are just starting driving lessons, or have been learning for a while, you can get ahead with your revision with this e-learning package.
What Is The Driving Theory Test?
Before you take your first driving lesson you will have applied for a provisional licence. Once you have done this, you can book your driving theory test. You can book the test, when you are ready, from your 17th birthday onwards. You need to pass both parts of the theory test - a set of multiple-choice questions and a hazard perception test. You could be tested on elements of the Highway Code, or be presented with a real life situation you may face while driving. In the hazard perception test you’ll be presented with video clips and will have to spot developing hazards.
This course mainly focuses on preparing for the theory test, with modules on the core elements of driving and road safety, plus revision tips. You’ll end the course with information on the practical test, how it’s carried out and marked, and when to book it.
Why Do I Need To Take A Driving Theory Test Course?
If you look back on any exam or test you’ve taken, I’m sure you’ll agree the best way to prepare is using a variety of different study methods - and this course could be one of them. Working through the online modules will help reinforce what you’ve learned from books, actual driving lessons and practice tests, building confidence that can help you with both the driving theory test and the practical.
Passing the UK Driving Theory Test is the first of two steps towards ditching the L plates and becoming a fully qualified driver. This 10 hour course matches the current syllabus, and is designed to help reinforce your knowledge so you can successfully prepare for and pass your theory test. Become familiar with everything from traffic signs and driving in adverse weather to the rules...
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course includes 10 hours of content to prepare you for booking and passing the UK Driving Theory Test.
- Find out what you need to know about the UK Driving Theory Test, including when you should book and sit it.
- Learn about practice tests and resources that will help you revise, and where you can find them.
- Become familiar with the Highway Code sections that apply to pedestrians and mobility scooter users.
- Learn about pedestrians and the green cross code.
- Find out about road speeds, driving on different types of roads, signals, and general road rules for drivers.
- Find out why it’s so important not to drink and drive.
- Learn about road safety and older drivers, and how personal fitness can affect driving ability.
- Look at how to drive safely in adverse weather ranging from fog to ice.
- Test yourself on traffic signs and road markings, and the roles they play on the road.
- Learn how to perform important vehicle checks, and what to do in event of a breakdown.
- Study common manoeuvres in a car, including reversing and parking.
- Revise for the theory test, including test tips and useful resources.
- Learn how to retain knowledge to help you pass the UK Driving Theory Test.
- Gain advice on preparing for and booking your practical driving test.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- While this course is aimed at car drivers, the majority of the content will also be beneficial to motorcyclists.
- Test yourself on core elements of the Highway Code and road safety.
- Learn more about the different situations you could face on the road, and how to be a confident and safe driver.
- Boost your driving theory knowledge and pick up practical tips on revising for your Driving Theory Test.
- Points to additional useful resources.
- Flexible e-learning with no time limits on completion of the course.
- An end of course multiple-choice exam to test what you’ve learned.
- You just need an internet enabled device to get started.
- Units of Study
Introduction To The UK Driving Theory Test
Rules For Pedestrians and Users Of Powered Wheelchairs and Mobility Scooters
General Rules, Techniques and Advice for All Drivers and Riders
Rules For All Drivers and Motorcyclists
Driving in Adverse Weather Conditions and Accommodating Road Users Requiring Extra Care
Maintenance, Breakdowns and Other Incidents
Manoeuvres and Junctions
How to Revise for the Theory Test
Taking the Practical Driving Test
KEY LEARNING POINTS This course includes 10 hours of content to prepare you for booking and passing the UK Driving Theory Test. Find out what you need to know about the UK Driving Theory Test, including when you should book and sit it. Learn about practice tests and resources that will help you revise, and where you can find them. Become...
Distance Learning (Online), 6 months