- What is process design?
- Objectives of process design
- The effect of volume and variety on process design
- Designing processes in detail
Layout and Flow
- The influence of layout on performance
- Basic layout types used in operations
- The effect of the appearance of an operation on its performance
- The design of each basic layout type in detail
Process Design What is process design? Objectives of process design The effect of volume and variety on process design Designing processes in detail Layout and Flow The influence of layout on performance Basic layout types used in...
- What is process technology?
- What operations managers need to know about process technology
- Evaluating process technologies
- Implementing process technologies
People in Operations
- The importance of people in operations management
- Operations managers’ contribution to human resource strategy
- Organising the operations function
- Designing jobs
- Allocating work times
Planning and Control
- What is planning and control?
- The difference between planning and control
- The effect of supply and demand on planning and control
- The activities of planning and control
Process Technology What is process technology? What operations managers need to know about process technology Evaluating process technologies Implementing process technologies People in Operations The importance of people in operations management Operations...
- Chief operations officers
- Operations directors and managers
- Heads of departments
- Operations executives, officers and staff
- Those who wish to learn how to design an operation’s resources and processes
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- Various types of process, and how these ‘building blocks’ of operations are designed
- How different ways of arranging physical facilities affect the nature of flow through the operation
- How the effectiveness of operations is influenced by the fast-moving development in process technology
- The elements of human resource management that are traditionally seen as being directly within the sphere of operations management.
- How operations organise the delivering of their products and services on an ongoing basis so that customers’ demands are satisfied.
Target audience Chief operations officers Operations directors and managers Heads of departments Operations executives, officers and staff Those who wish to learn how to design an operation’s resources and processes Learning outcomes Upon completion of this course,...