Loader
Course Image

Course Description

The global bioenergy market is undergoing dramatic growth as governments around the world look to biological sources to supply a larger share of transport fuel and electricity generation. As a result, the industry needs qualified people with the right skills to drive the sector forward. This course in Sustainable Bioenergy is designed to provide graduates with an advanced knowledge and understanding of sustainable bioenergy production. Focusing on technical information, it is ideal for people currently within the industry and the public sector who wish to expand their knowledge base as well as individuals wishing to enter the field to pursue a career in bioenergy. The structure of the MRes is very flexible, allowing you to fit study around employment. As a guide, 75 per cent of the course is delivered via interactive e-learning, which you can undertake anytime, anywhere. The other 25 per cent is delivered through intensive week-long residential courses held at the University each semester, incorporating lectures, seminars, workshops, laboratory practicals, industrial visits and tutorials. The course can be taken on a full- or part-time basis. The course consists of a major bioenergy research project, 20 credits of taught subject modules (Sustainability and Biofuels, Biofuel Fermentation ), 20 credits of generic training courses and optional modules. Research projects are typically conducted off site, for example within laboratories based in industry, although there is provision to undertake them within the University. Taught modules are usually completed within the early part of the course, providing a good knowledge base for the research project. Assessment is in the form of written coursework, presentations, examinations, and a final project report.

The global bioenergy market is undergoing dramatic growth as governments around the world look to biological sources to supply a larger share of transport fuel and electricity generation. As a result, the industry needs qualified people with the right skills to drive the sector forward. This course in Sustainable Bioenergy is designed to provide graduates with an advanced knowledge and...

Read More

Entry Requirements

At least a second class honours degree (2:2) or international equivalent from a university recognised by the University of Nottingham.

At least a second class honours degree (2:2) or international equivalent from a university recognised by the University of Nottingham.

Related Courses