Medical secretaries are the backbone of every GP practice, providing the first point of contact with the public and taking responsibility for the all-important job of taking appointments and providing crucial administrative support to the medical staff. Whether you’re already working in a doctor’s surgery or are looking for a change of career, this Medical Secretary Diploma will provide you with expertise and confidence in this important job where a caring, friendly attitude is every bit as important as efficiency and great organisational skills.
Sixteen Easy-to-Complete Modules
You can study at your own pace, completing the modules and passing the test in days. Alternatively, you can take more time over the diploma as you fit it around work and family commitments. The choice is yours – as long as you have access to the internet, the beauty of this easy-to-complete diploma is you can work whenever and wherever suits you, with the added benefit of online support and the facility to revisit the modules whenever you like to brush up on your knowledge and skills.
Prove Your Professionalism
Medical secretary jobs are sought after, so get ahead of the game by making sure you’re the candidate with the most up-to-date knowledge and an attitude that stands out from the crowd. When you complete the multiple choice quiz at the end of the course, you can immediately download and print your certificate to impress your potential employers.
Accredited by the CPD and IAO.
Medical secretaries are the backbone of every GP practice, providing the first point of contact with the public and taking responsibility for the all-important job of taking appointments and providing crucial administrative support to the medical staff. Whether you’re already working in a doctor’s surgery or are looking for a change of career, this Medical Secretary Diploma will...
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Show you’re serious about providing a reliable and impressively professional service for your GP by studying this comprehensive course.
- Gain insight into the many day-to-day duties of a medical secretary.
- Learn how to keep on top of your appointment-booking system.
- Study different filing systems and gain the skills and confidence necessary to set up the one that works best for you.
- Understand the crucial issue of patient confidentiality and learn how patient confidentiality differs from patient privacy.
- Learn about the important job of keeping accurate and up-to-date medical records for patients.
- Break through medical jargon and terminology so you can provide efficient support to GPs.
- Get to grips with the technology used to generate electronic prescriptions, patient registrations and more.
- Become well-informed about important health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Gain confidence in supply and inventory management.
- Learn about the communication and people skills you will need to be a successful medical secretary.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Complete the modules at your own pace, whenever and wherever suits you.
- Use your tablet, phone or computer to study. All you need is internet access and you’re good to go.
- Enjoy online support as you work towards your diploma.
- Study is easy and achievable with 16 easy-to-manage modules, packed with information to boost your professionalism and skills.
- Refresh your knowledge in the future by revisiting the modules any time you like.
- Prove your new-found skills by completing the test at the end of the course and downloading the verifiable, industry-recognised certificate.
- Set yourself apart from the competition by proving you’re serious about your career as a medical secretary by completing this comprehensive diploma.
What are you waiting for? Give your career a health boost by enrolling today and taking your first step towards being a valued and trusted part of your local medical team.
- Units of Study
Introduction, Job Role and Responsibilities
How to manage Appointment Scheduling
Filing Systems in Medical Offices
Patient Confidentiality in the Healthcare Industry
Definition, Purpose and Benefits of Medical Records
Understanding Medical Terminology and Jargon
Information Technology and Computer Usage in Healthcare Administration
Information Technology and Computers
Medical Records Management
Health and Safety in a Healthcare Setting
Supplies and Inventory Management and Administration
Communication Skills in a Medical Office
Communication Skills in a Medical Office Part II
Law, Medical Services and Ethics
Medical (Clinical) Coding, Billing and Important Aspects of Medical Administration
Career Information and Prospects
KEY LEARNING POINTS Show you’re serious about providing a reliable and impressively professional service for your GP by studying this comprehensive course. Gain insight into the many day-to-day duties of a medical secretary. Learn how to keep on top of your appointment-booking system. Study different filing systems and gain the skills and...
Distance Learning (Online), 20 hours