Loader
Course Image

Course Description

Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) Teaching Each course includes lectures, seminars, laboratory work, small group work, practice based activities and assignments. There are also a number of placements throughout the programme, so you will benefit from both academic and practice-related environments. Assessment Assessment includes written examinations at the end of each year. All courses also have continuous assessment that contributes the remainder of the overall course mark. Continuous assessments include practical dispensing examinations, objective structured clinical examinations, presentations (individual and group), written reports, assessment of laboratory notebooks, case studies, essays and multiple choice questions. Final honours classification is calculated from: 10% of Stage 2 overall grade, 40% of Stage 3 overall grade and 50% of stage 4 overall grade. Registering as a Pharmacist Students completing the MPharm are eligible to register as pharmacists in Great Britain, subject to passing a pre-registration year and examination. There are currently over 40,000 pharmacists registered in Great Britain but there is an on-going shortage of pharmacists to fill recurring vacancies due to the expanding role of the pharmacist into areas such as supplementary and independent prescribing. Features Innovative new teaching facilities including clinical skills laboratory, an extensive network of teacher practitioners (seconded at least two days per week), leading edge research academics, and a programme which integrates three interlinked themes: The Patient Disease and Drug Action Practitioner and Patient Medicines Design and Manufacture. Professional recognition The School obtained full accreditation from the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (RPSGB) in June 2008 and is now recognised as an established School of Pharmacy. Disability and Diversity The School is committed to achieving equality of opportunity for all applicants, students and staff. Consequently the School complies with all relevant legislation. Programme Structure Stage 1 MDM1 (30 Credits): Medicines Design and Manufacture 1 PDDA1 (30 Credits): Body Systems 1: Human Anatomy & Physiology and an Introduction to Pathophysiology, Therapeutics and the Pharmacological Basis of Drug Action. PDDA2 (30 Credits): Cellular Biology and Biochemistry . PP1 (30 Credits): Pharmacy Practice 1. Stage 2 MDM2 (30 Credits): Medicines Design and Manufacture 2. PDDA3 (30 Credits): Body Systems 2: Physiology of the CNS. Pathophysiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics of Selected Neurological and Psychiatric Disorders. PDDA4 (30 Credits): Body Systems 3: Endocrine, Renal, Hepatic, Gastrointestinal, Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Musculoskeletal Pathophysiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics. PP2 (30 Credits): Pharmacy Practice 2. Stage 3 MDM3 (30 Credits): Medicines Design and Manufacture 3. PDDA5 (30 Credits): Clinical Pharmacokinetics, Cancer Biology and Infection Control. RM (30 Credits): Research Methods PP3 (30 Credits): Pharmacy Practice 3: Medicines Management. Stage 4 AT1 (20 Credits): Applied Therapeutics 1. PP4 (20 Credits): Practitioner and Patient: Pharmacy Practice 4 - Advances in Pharmacy Practice. SRP (60 Credits): Sustained Research Project. Elective courses (students choose one from the following) ASC1 (20 Credits): Advanced Neuroscience. ASC2 (20 Credits): Advanced Cell and Molecular Biology ASC3 (20 Credits): Advanced Therapeutics Agents. ASC4 (20 Credits): Advanced Drug Delivery Technologies. Offer Levels The MPharm Degree is a four year full-time programme of study. Graduates are required to undertake and pass a pre-registration examination before being permitted to register as a pharmacist in Great Britain. All students are required to demonstrate basic literacy and numeracy skills as evidenced by GCSE (grades A-C) in English and Maths. 300 UCAS Tariff points, BBB at A2 level (including B in 2 science based subjects, one of which must be Chemistry). BTEC Nationals

Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) Teaching Each course includes lectures, seminars, laboratory work, small group work, practice based activities and assignments. There are also a number of placements throughout the programme, so you will benefit from both academic and practice-related environments. Assessment Assessment includes written examinations at the end of each year. All courses also have...

Read More

Related Courses