Loader
Course Image

Course Description

Electronics, A2-level About the Course The course is taught through a combination of theory and practical work, with particular emphasis on developing understanding through hands-on practical experience. AS Level Unit 1: Introductory Electronics (35%) A thorough grounding in the basic theory of electrical work and an introduction to electronic systems. Areas you will cover include logic gates, current, voltage power and resistance, diodes, transistors and operational amplifiers. Unit 2: Further Electronics (35%) Build significantly on your electronics work from the first unit and develop a real competence within the areas covered, which include sequential logic systems, timer circuits, RC networks, counter subsystems, capacitors, operational amplifiers, and power amplifiers. Unit 3: Practical System Development(30%) You will conceive, design and build a major project based on work covered in the first two units. This will be a full process resulting in a fully-working product and comprehensive written report. A2 Level Unit 4: Programmable Control Systems (35%) Further develop your knowledge from the AS course and break into areas essentially related to the understanding and controlling of electronic systems. These include microprocessor control systems, programming, input/output subsystems and their interfacing, and robotic systems. Unit 5: Communication Systems (35%) Considers the most efficient manner in which electronic signals may be transmitted and received. Areas you will study include audio systems, AM/FM radio receiver principles, filters, digital communications, mobile communications and optoelectronics. Unit 6: Practical Systems Synthesis (30%) You will conceive, design and build your major project based mainly on A2 module work. This is a full process and requires adeptness appropriate for A2 Level. Course Aims The course aims to give you both knowledge and enthusiasm for electronics. This can be for enjoyment, a link to other interests (eg music, computing) or for future work or educational interests. What are the entry requirements? How is the course assessed? In the AS year there are two exams covering Units 1 and 2, worth a total of 70%. The remaining 30% is covered by the main project. In the A2 year Units 4 and 5 are also examined and worth a total of 70%. The final coursework project is worth 30%. Fees No Course Fees for Under 19's. Over 19's must pay, or claim Level 2 or Level 3 Entitlement for FREE courses . What next? This course is a useful entry qualification to higher education for various technical subjects, including engineering and physics. It will also prove very useful for anyone considering a career in electronics.

Electronics, A2-level About the Course The course is taught through a combination of theory and practical work, with particular emphasis on developing understanding through hands-on practical experience. AS Level Unit 1: Introductory Electronics (35%) A thorough grounding in the basic theory of electrical work and an introduction to electronic systems. Areas you will cover include logic gates,...

Read More

Related Courses