When it comes to a business’ success in engaging with customers, data is everything. Consequently, competent data administrators who are responsible for the performance, security and integrity of a company’s database are much in demand. This great-value online package is designed to make you that expert.
What Does the Package Involve?
You’ll start with CompTIA Security+ 2014 before gaining the skillset to be a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database administrator. Then you’ll move on to creating and deploying database solutions and business intelligence solutions for an enterprise-class environment. Finally, you’ll work on the routing and switching skills needed to pass the Cisco 100-101 ICDN1 exam.
How Do I Learn?
Advancing your technical skills isn’t the big time or money commitment you think it might be when you choose to study online. Getting a year’s access to the practical, easy-to-engage-with course content means you can easily fit your study around your existing commitments.
When it comes to a business’ success in engaging with customers, data is everything. Consequently, competent data administrators who are responsible for the performance, security and integrity of a company’s database are much in demand. This great-value online package is designed to make you that expert. What Does the Package Involve? You’ll start with...
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Progress through the modules to gain your database administrator expertise.
- Begin with CompTIA Security by learning about networking and security terminology, locking down network, wireless, policies and standards, physical security, risk analysis, disaster recovery, business continuity and business impact analysis, computer forensics, types of attacks, system security threats, security assessments, monitoring and auditing, authentication, access control, mitigating security threats, cryptography and public key infrastructure.
- Get to grips with SQL Server 2012 including T-SQL, SELECT queries, SQL data types, sorting and filtering data, querying data from multiple tables, modifying data, SQL server built-in functions, programming in T-SQL, implementing stored procedures, subqueries and table expressions, set operators, conditional operators, window functions, PIVOT, UNPIVOT, grouping sets, error handling, transactions, querying SQL server system and optimising query performance.
- Learn about the SQL server platform, deploying and configuring SQL server, databases and server security, advanced security settings, encryption and compression, indexes, log files, back-up and restore, implementing high availability, optimising server performance, troubleshooting, recovering databases and performing advanced database management tasks.
- Get confident with creating dimensions, changing granularity of dimensions, fact tables and Columnstore indexes, implementing a data warehouse in SQL Server 2012, integration services, control flow, dynamic variables, data flow, SSIS package execution, debugging and troubleshooting, deploying packages, securing packages and databases and working with MDS and Windows.
- Learn about SQL 2012 and the 464 test, data types, tables, data constraints, planning and indexing, table structures, improving performance with Nonclustered indexes, indexes and execution plans, working with views, designing and implementing stored procedures, merging data and passing tables, designing and implementing user functions, creating highly concurrent SQL server applications, handling errors in TSQL, triggers, implementing managed code, storing XML in SQL, querying XML, spatial data and FullText indexes and queries.
- Get to grips with designing a database server infrastructure, logical database scheme and physical database implementation.
- Learn about incorporating data files into the database, tuning database performance, designing database security, policy-based management, monitoring server health, database backup solution, automating multi-server maintenance, managing SQL server with Windows PowerShell, replicating data, planning high availability, reviewing SQL statements and the eleven rules of database design.
- Move on to business intelligence and data modelling, implementing reports with the SQL server reporting services, supporting self-service reporting, managing report execution and delivery, creating multidimensional databases, cubes and dimensions, measures and measure groups, MDX, cube functionality, tabular data models, DAX, implementing an analysis services tabular data model, SQL analysis services, creating data visualisations with power view, supporting self-service reporting, predictive analysis with data mining and predictive analytics.
- Tackle database essentials, business intelligence development and results, advanced reporting and development, SSIS and SQL Server 2014 new features, before reviewing learning and preparing for the exam.
- Get confident with network review, terminology and fundamentals, PKI, cryptography, AAA, secure access, VPNs, secure routing and switching, firewalls, IS and content and endpoint security.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Tailor the course content to your own pace by using the easy-to-use navigations and controls to pause, rewind and fast-forward.
- Technical support is available, should you require it.
- Access the course content for a year after signing up.
- Use the Live Labs content to practise your new skillset in real-life scenarios.
- Your expert instructor puts their 15 years+ of professional experience into practice by providing real-world scenarios for you to learn from.
- Multimedia presentations, visual demonstrations, flash cards and educational games make learning fun and easy to engage with for all learning styles.
- Advancing your database specialist skillset is an investment in your career that will get you noticed by potential employers.
Complete your career-boosting admin by signing up to Database Administrator Specialist Training Pack (with Microsoft, CompTIA & Cisco) today.
- Units of Study
CompTIA SY0-401: Security+Microsoft 70-461: Querying SQL Server 2012
Microsoft 70-462: Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
Microsoft 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
Microsoft 70-464: Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
Microsoft 70-465: Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Microsoft 70-466: Implementing Data Models & Reports with SQL Server 2012
Microsoft 70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with SQL Server 2012
Cisco 100-105 ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
Cisco 210-060 CICD: Implementing Cisco Collaboration Devices
KEY LEARNING POINTS Progress through the modules to gain your database administrator expertise. Begin with CompTIA Security by learning about networking and security terminology, locking down network, wireless, policies and standards, physical security, risk analysis, disaster recovery, business continuity and business impact analysis, computer forensics, types of...
Distance Learning (Online), 6 months