University of the Arts London offers an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. Our graduates go on to work in and shape the creative industries worldwide. UAL is ranked second in the world for Art and Design in the 2019 QS World University Rankings®.
The University has a world-class reputation and is made up of 6 equally renowned Colleges: Camberwell College of Arts, Central Saint Martins, Chelsea College of Arts, London College of Communication, London College of Fashion and Wimbledon College of Arts.
We have launched the careers of many creative and cultural leaders:
- Half the Turner Prize nominees and both winners in 2016 and 2017 were UAL alumni. UAL has produced over half of all Turner Prize winners since its inception in 1984.
- 36 of the 77 Royal Academicians are UAL alumni, serving or former staff.
- Over two thirds of the winners of British Designer of the Year are UAL alumni. UAL alumni have taken home the award for the past 3 years running (2015-2017).
- 14% (20) of the current Royal Designers for Industry are UAL alumni.
- Over half of the fashion designers that showed at London Fashion Week 2018 are UAL alumni.
- Other alumni have gone on to take home some of the industry’s most prestigious art and design awards including the BP Portrait Award, Jerwood Prize, Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize, Queen Elizabeth II Award for British Design, Minerva Medal, BAFTAs, Golden Globes and Oscars.
Popular CoursesView all courses
Graduate Certificate Preparation for Masters
The course is divided into three taught units Unit1: Introduction to Higher Education will...
MA Book Arts (Visual Arts)
The pathway allows you to develop a project from proposal to final exhibition. You will be asked to...
Offering you the opportunity to focus on a self-managed programme of work, encompassing...
MA Conservation (2 Year)
To begin, the course is a shared introductory unit bringing together students from across the 2...
MA Designer Maker (Visual Arts)
This pathway allows students to develop a project from proposal to final exhibition. You will be...
MA Digital Arts (Visual Arts)
The pathway does not focus on technology, but presents it as a tool to facilitate ideas, placing...
MA Digital Arts Online (Visual Arts)
Weekly chat sessions form the basis of engagement between you and the College this also becomes the...
MA Fine Art (Visual Arts)
This pathway will allow you to develop a project from proposal to final exhibition. You will be...
MA Graphic Design
Along with lectures, seminars and individual tutorials workshops are available in design for print,...
MA Illustration (Visual Arts)
In addition to lectures and seminars you will begin to develop your proposal, an ambitious and...
University of the Arts London
Teaching Excellence Framework
Tier 4 Sponsors
Course Offer and Acceptance
This is the latest available data, published by UCAS - 25th January 2018. All data is based on UCAS standard definitions.
- UK Students - 9,740
- EU Students - 2,370
- Non-EU Students - 6,180
Total Students: 18,290(Source: HESA 2016/17)