The origins of this success go back to 1899, when the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames built Science and Art Schools and a Technical Institute on the present main site of the College in Kingston Hall Road. The Victorian home of Kingston Technical College (as the institution was then known) survived till the 1960s, when major reconstruction work followed a local reorganisation of further and higher education.In 1962 Kingston Technical College split into the present college of further education and a college of technology, now Kingston University. Because Kingston College and Kingston University have this common heritage, there remains a strong bond between them today which works to the benefit of students. Jointly run courses and close staff relations ensure that a ladder of educational opportunity is available for both full-time and part-time students from post-GCSE to first degree levels, and beyond. So, as to respond to growing student demand, Kingston College has over the past few years broadened the range of courses on offer to keep the curriculum abreast of new technology.
Kingston Hall Road Centre
Kingston College Further Education Corporation