Loader

Cranleigh School

Horseshoe Lane

Ask a Question

Overview

Cranleigh's foundation in 1865 was the result of the combined inspiration of two remarkable Cranleigh men: the Rector, The Revd Henry Sapte, and the Squire, Sir George Cubitt. Sir George donated most of the land and – with the generous support of many other local families, especially that of Sir Henry Peek – the design and the construction of the buildings became a reality. The School grew quickly to about 300 boys by the turn of the twentieth century. Further increases in numbers have taken place at various stages of expansion over the past century or so. Today there are just over 400 boys and 200 girls at Cranleigh, of whom nearly three-quarters are boarders.
Cranleigh's foundation in 1865 was the result of the combined inspiration of two remarkable Cranleigh men: the Rector, The Revd Henry Sapte, and the Squire, Sir George Cubitt. Sir George donated most of the land and – with the generous support of many other local families, especially that of Sir Henry Peek – the design and the construction of the buildings became a reality. The...
Read More

Location

Primary Address

Horseshoe Lane

Cranleigh School